Alfa laval New DuraCirc Pump
Hygienic design, pump performance, and ease of service are essential to hygienic processes, yet manufacturers in the food, beverage, dairy, confectionery, and home-personal care industries often sacrifice one essential to achieve another.
With the Alfa Laval DuraCirc® circumferential piston pump, this is no longer the case! The DuraCirc® circumferential piston pump (CPP) delivers it all – high volumetric efficiency, EHEDG and 3-A conformance, with quick and easy service. For a cost-effective pump selection offering a broad application scope, the range consists of 13 models, with capable flow rates up to 150 m3/hr (660 gpm) and pressures of 40 bar (580 psi). Service becomes simplified in terms of complexity and time with user-friendly features including a front-loading, self-setting single mechanical seal, use of a single long-life oil lubricant, and external shimming.
No more compromises: Best-in-class offering for supreme performance, superior hygiene and simpler service – all in one pump
- Optimized for high volumetric efficiency, ensuring cost-effective pump selection and high product quality
- Hygienic design compliant with global standards, including EHEDG and 3-A
- Reliable, long-term operation thanks to durable, robust, heavy-duty, all-stainless steel construction
- Easy to service and maintain with fully interchangeable spare parts
- High process flexibility and reduced capital costs due to the broad range of model sizes, flow rates and pressures
How it works
The DuraCirc® construction features two rotors that are housed within a pumping chamber, known as a rotorcase, with each rotor located on a shaft held rigidly within a gearcase. The two rotors are timed via timing gears in the gearcase, which along with shimming, ensures no rotor or rotor case contact. Rotor/shaft drive is typicially provided via geared electric motor.
Due to close internal running clearance within the pumping chamber, the rotation of rotors continuously generates a partial vacuum in the suction port of the pump as the rotors unmesh. Resulting in a localized pressure drop, which allows fluid to enter the pump.
The fluid is then transported around the channel by the rotor wings; the pressure generated as the rotor wings re-mesh forces the fluid out of the discharge port of the pump.
DuraCirc® product brochure
Discover how the DuraCirc® offers Supreme Performance, Superior Hygiene and Simpler Service.
Designed with close pump head clearances, the DuraCirc® CPP pump maximizes volumetric efficiency and process yield. 13 models offer a wide performance envelope with a flow rate capability of up to 150 m3/hr (660 gpm) and operating pressures up to 40 bar (580 psi). Resulting in optimal pump sizing and selection easy, thereby reducing capital costs and increasing process flexibility.
Based on a reliable and robust design, DuraCirc® features include:
- Advanced port and pump-head geometry, providing a very low NPSHr characteristic. This significantly reduces cavitation risk and maintains pump and media integrity whilst increasing process flexibility in challenging applications
- Long-life, heavy-duty bearings, supporting rigid shafts located in a solid stainless steel gearcase, which reduce shaft movement and allow close pump-head clearances. This minimizes pump-head contact and ensures process uptime
- A modular seal design, which makes seal conversion easy without requiring re-machining or additional flush housings, should the process application change
- An optional retrofit port, the DuraCirc® Uni-Fit, enabling easy, direct replacement of existing circumferential piston pumps from both Alfa Laval and other brands, without requiring pipework modification in existing process systems
The DuraCirc® is all-stainless-steel and is certified to meet global standards for hygienic design, including EHEDG and 3-A. In contrast to many other circumferential piston pump brands out there, the DuraCirc® provides both excellent cleanability and high volumetric efficiency. Features that reduce the risk of contamination include:
- Profiled, product-wetted elastomers that are FDA-compliant and have a defined compression, thereby eliminating crevices and dead zones
- A robust gearcase with optimally positioned heavy-duty bearings that support large diameter shafts, which minimize pump-head contact, thereby reducing the risk of media contamination
- An all-stainless steel construction suitable for hygienic washdown, ensuring a cleaner environment
- Long-lasting, FDA-compliant gearbox lubricant
- Optimized seal design with faces fully immersed in the pumped media for higher cleaning efficiency
Innovative DuraCirc® design features help to increase process uptime and make service easier and faster. Perform standard maintenance procedures quickly and simply, without requiring gearbox disassembly, component re-work, or complex pump re-build procedures. The service and efficiency features include:
- A truly front-loading, self-setting, single mechanical seal for fast, in-situ seal replacement, without having to remove the pump from the process line
- Quick, easy replacement of rotors or rotor case in the unlikely event replacement is required
- Easy-to-access, external shimming outside the rotorcase instead of inside the gearbox
- Fully interchangeable spare parts
- Long-life bearings, offering tens of thousands of hours of operation
- A single, long-life, FDA-approved gearbox lubricant with an extended 3,000-hour change interval